Our next screening is a sing-along and dance-along classic! This Thursday we are screening DIRTY DANCING in the beautiful Merrion Square. Are you ready to swoon at the topless Johnny Castle? Sing along to The Time Of My Life? Try the Swayze Lift on the grass of Merrion Square? (not recommended by Happenings)
NOBODY PUTS BABY IN THE CORNER!
So invite your friends and family, grab the picnic basket and some cosy blankets and come and enjoy Dirty Dancing under the stars.
Facebook Event: https://www.facebook.com/events/973901242653410
Free Icecream?!! And once again we also have the lovely people from BEN AND JERRY'S GIVING OUT FREE ICECREAM!! Gosh, aren't we good to you. They will be asking for signatures for the climate change petition to take positive action in Paris at COP 21 this December. Maybe this year we will see some significant action from our global leaders. Learn more about this at http://www.cop21.gouv.fr/en
• NO ALCOHOL PLEASE • This is a strictly alcohol-free event. As Merrion Square is a public park, it is forbidden to consume alcohol in the square. Please work with us on this. Thank you.
• TICKETS & TIMES • Tickets are available on the gate only for €5. Doors open at 7PM.
The film begins at dusk, at around 8.30pm; please be aware of this if using public transport as it can finish quite late (up to 10.15 pm at night).
We operate on a first come first served basis! Please arrive in good time to avoid disappointment.
• AGE POLICY • Under 18's must be accompanied by a parent or a responsible adult over 25.
• WHAT TO BRING • Please bring warm clothes, something to sit on and your good vibes. The screenings, even in the summer, can get cold in the evening.
• FOOD • Irish Village Markets will be back again with the best of Dublin's street food offerings. Leave the picnic basket at home and pick up some tasty dishes in the park!
• LEAVE NO TRACE • We operate a strict 'leave no trace' policy so please remember to take everything home. There will be no bins at these events and we will give you a plastic bag in which you can take your rubbish home, please keep this in mind!
Many thanks to Dublin City Council for their support and to our media partner Totally Dublin. For more information and updates about Happenings events visit http://www.happenings.ie