In Back to the Future Doc Brown and Marty McFly hop in the DeLorean and venture to a time and place far, far away… into the future… to the year 2015 - to see what has become of the world… Well, it looks like we have arrived! The future is now!
All profits going to the Syrian Refugee Crisis.
Happenings would like to thank GFD Film Library for their sponsorship of this event.
Ben and Jerry’s will also have lovely ice cream for you and will be highlighting climate change ahead of the December climate change summit.
For this event Happenings have teamed up with Dóchas which is a group of organisations who are working to end poverty and protect human rights, the environment and create a better world for everyone. There are thousands of people from Ireland and around the world who are involved!
This event is a celebration of that incredible people power! So on September 17th we’ll be gathering in the lovely surrounds of Merrion Square, enjoying a great film, some soul-stirring, toe-tapping beats with live music performances and fun activities and sharing The World's Best News - these inspiring wonderful stories of changemakers from around the world.
This is about celebrating the fact that we can change the world and make a better future for everyone! We can stand up for the rights of others. And you can be a part of that, just by showing up and getting involved! Join us for this fun- for- all- the- family event!
Other fun parts of the evening:
Music from Mad Express
Keep her lit! You can decorate jam jar candle holders with ribbons and glitter and take home a funky LED candle for hope (courtesy of World Vision)
Ever wanted to be on winning streak? Well, Marty won’t be in town but you can still spin the wheel - the wheel of misfortune or hang out on the Oxfam bus with board games and activities
Head along to the selfie station with a difference
Footie fans can try taking a dizzy penalty for the global goals
• NO ALCOHOL PLEASE • This is a strictly alcohol-free event. As Merrion Square is a public park, it is forbidden to consume alcohol in the square. Please work with us on this. Thank you.
• TICKETS & TIMES • Tickets are available on the gate only for €5. Doors open at 6.30PM.
The film begins at dusk, at around 8.30pm; please be aware of this if using public transport as it can finish quite late (up to 11 pm at night).
We operate on a first come first served basis! Please arrive in good time to avoid disappointment.
• AGE POLICY • Under 18's must be accompanied by a parent or a responsible adult over 25.
• WHAT TO BRING • Please bring warm clothes, something to sit on and your good vibes. The screenings, even in the summer, can get cold in the evening.
• FOOD • Irish Village Markets will be back again with the best of Dublin's street food offerings. Leave the picnic basket at home and pick up some tasty dishes in the park!
• LEAVE NO TRACE • We operate a strict 'leave no trace' policy so please remember to take everything home. There will be no bins at these events and we will give you a plastic bag in which you can take your rubbish home, please keep this in mind!
Many thanks to Dublin City Council for their support and to our media partner Totally Dublin. For more information and updates about Happenings events visit www.happenings.ie