Please note - This is a no alcohol event and the film does not start until sunset ( 9 PM approx) *
Wes Anderson provides a quirky backdrop to our open air cinema experience this week. The glorious Grand Budapest Hotel with it's distinctive comedic edge bring a host of talented actors alongside glorious cinematic effects to bring you into a very different world to our own.
We also have the lovely people from BEN AND JERRY'S GIVING OUT FREE ICECREAM!! Gosh, aren't we good to you. They will be asking for signatures for the climate change petition on positive action in Paris at COP 21 this December.
This is a strictly alcohol-free event. As Merrion Square is a public park, it is forbidden to consume alcohol in the square. Our license to hold cinema events in Merrion Square will be removed if you, our audience, do not respect this rule!
Please please please work with us on this. Thank you.
More about the film:
The adventures of Gustave H, a legendary concierge at a famous hotel from the fictional Republic of Zubrowka between the first and second World Wars, and Zero Moustafa, the lobby boy who becomes his most trusted friend.
Watch the Trailer here:
• TICKETS & TIMES • Tickets are available on the gate only for €5. Doors open at 7.30 PM. The films begin at dusk; please be aware of this if using public transport as it can finish quite late (up to 11.30 pm at night).
We operate on a first come first served basis! Please arrive in good time to avoid disappointment.
• AGE POLICY • Under 18's must be accompanied by a parent or a responsible adult over 25.
• WHAT TO BRING • Please bring warm clothes, something to sit on and your good vibes. The screenings, even in the summer, can get cold in the evening.
• FOOD • Irish Village Markets will be back again with the best of Dublin's street food offerings. Leave the picnic basket at home and pick up some tasty dishes in the park!
• LEAVE NO TRACE • We operate a strict 'leave no trace' policy so please remember to take everything home. There will be no bins at these events and we will give you a plastic bag in which you can take your rubbish home, please keep this in mind!