Happenings are delighted to be teaming up with Sandymount Tidy Towns and Dublin City Council to present 'UP' the movie in Sandymount Green. It's our first foray into Sandymount's leafy parks, and we're very excited about showing such a wonderful movie there.
• About UP (2009) • From Disney*Pixar comes Up, a comedy adventure about 78 year old balloon salesman Carl Fredericksen, who finally fulfills his lifelong dream of a great adventure when he ties thousands of balloons to his house and flies away to the wilds of South America. But he discovers all too late that his biggest nightmare has stowed away on the trip: an overly optimistic 8-year-old Wilderness Explorer named Russell.
Watch the Trailer here: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=qas5lWp7_R0
• NO ALCOHOL • This is a strictly alcohol-free event. As Sandymount Green is a public park, it is forbidden to consume alcohol in the square. Please work with us on this. Thank you.
• TICKETS & TIMES • Tickets are available on the gate only for €5. Family Tickets are available for €15. Under 6's go free. Doors open at 7PM.
The film begins at dusk, at around 8.30pm; please be aware of this if using public transport as it can finish quite late (up to 10.15 pm at night).
We operate on a first come first served basis! Please arrive in good time to avoid disappointment.
• AGE POLICY • Under 18's must be accompanied by a parent or a responsible adult over 25.
• WHAT TO BRING • Please bring warm clothes, something to sit on and your good vibes. The screenings, even in the summer, can get cold in the evening.
• FOOD • Bring a picnic blanket & basket or pick up some food from the shops on the green. We won't have any savoury food at this screening but we'll have sweet treats & coffee from Caryna's Cakes & Vintage Flair Coffee Van!
• LEAVE NO TRACE • We operate a strict 'leave no trace' policy so please remember to take everything home. There will be no bins at these events and we will give you a plastic bag in which you can take your rubbish home, please keep this in mind!
Many thanks to Sandymount Tidy Towns for their invitation and involvement, and to Dublin City Council for their support. For more information about Happenings visit www.happenings.ie